Sunday, January 8, 2017

Why Can't I See God's Goodness?

Why Can’t I See God’s Goodness?
1/9/17
Monday



Why Can’t I See God’s Goodness?

Am I the only one who’s blind?
That doesn’t seem fair.
What am I doing wrong?
What’s my problem?
What do I have to change?

That’s so sad,
Beauty stands before me
And I don’t even see it. 
I must lack Spiritual Vision,
God’s vision.

All the beauty of the world welcomes me,
And I don’t notice it.
What a shame!
It’s everywhere; but for me, it’s nowhere.
Maybe I need to ask for that vision.

“Ask and you will receive.”
It’s a gift,
Given by the giver of all gifts,
Of all goodness.
Gifts sometimes need to be requested.

I have to ask for the gift,
And I have to deserve it.
Maybe I have to do both.
What do I need to do to deserve it?
We’ll find that out.

Dr. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment