Sunday, February 19, 2017

My God How Will I Become Your Friend

My God
How will I Become Your Friend?
2/20/17
Monday



My God
How will I Become Your Friend?


How will I Become Your Friend?
Is it realistic to ask that question?
Hasn’t God always been pictured 
As distant and remote?
What would make me think differently?
Could He learn to be friendlier?

Wouldn’t it be nice
To have Him as a buddy?
A Guy I could shoot the breeze with.
Imagine, joshing around with God.
I could tell Him about this joke I just heard.
Maybe He hasn’t heard it yet.

Don’t you think God knows
How to be a friend?
No one ever talks about
How friendly He is.
What would stop him from being a close friend?
Would He worry about what people thought?

And maybe He’s a bit uptight, 
I’ve never seen Him smiling or laughing.
He’s probably not used to having friends,
It might be a bit awkward for Him,
He might be too busy
For friendship.

I don’t think the stuff above is really true,
I think we could be great friends,
I’m going to give it a try.

Dr. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment