Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Eat with Mindfulness

Eat with Mindfulness
6-15-16
Wednesday
Mindfulness


Eat with Mindfulness

We can do a lot of things with mindfulness.
We can walk and we can talk mindfully.
We can listen to music totally focused.
We can do most anything that way.

So, let’s put our energy into eating mindfully.
It’s about being present to the process of eating,
Present to the food, and present to the feelings aroused
From the eating of the food.

It’s a special way of eating.
It should generally be very enjoyable,
Because we become totally involved in the experience of eating,
Something we don’t usually do.

As I eat I am mindful, I am focused.
I get in touch with myself.
I’m not judging if it’s good or bad,
The whole experience is beautiful.

As I eat,
I relish the taste of the food,
I am mindful of its appearance,
I delight in the aroma it emits.

I enjoy its touch with my fingers and tongue,
I am attuned to the sounds of my chewing,
And I am utterly enthralled by the experience.
It’s a journey in mindfulness.

Dr. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment