Sunday, February 21, 2016

Criteria for a successful marriage


Re-posted from 6-10-15


The Criteria of a Successful Marriage

2-22-2016

Monday

Relationship Day
What are the criteria
For a successful marriage?
They probably are the same as they always have been
Here’s a long standing textbook definition
Note it well!
I am attracted to my partner
We have a lot in common with each other
And I choose my partner as much as
My partner chooses me
Again, note it well!
    I am attracted to my partner
This assumes a physical attraction
And more
There is something about this person that draws me to him
Or that makes me want to be with her
   We have a lot in common with each other
Regarding what we enjoy doing
Regarding family and friends
Beliefs and values
And what’s important to each of us
  I choose my partner as much as my partner chooses me
It must be a wholehearted choice
Between two lovers
It must involve two people
Both feeling totally chosen



Dr. Tony
What a beautiful thing a marriage can become!

No comments:

Post a Comment