Tuesday, March 22, 2016

What’s Marriage All About?

What’s Marriage All About?
3-23-16
Wednesday
Relationship Day


What’s Marriage All About?

It’s whatever you want it to be about.
Uh-oh! I forgot to tell you,
That the “you” I mentioned above,
Is really about the two of “you”.
That changes everything!

Now I have to think about me and her
Not just me.
This is getting complicated.
I’m not used to thinking about someone else.
This is new to me.

Oh boy! I’m not so sure of this anymore.
Maybe I’ll have to make some changes.
Maybe I’ll have to listen to her more.
She might have her own thoughts on stuff.
And they may be just a little bit different from mine.
I may have to rethink what marriage is about. 
I don’t think this is all about me anymore.
And I thought marriage would be easier’

Today is relationship day.
So now I have to remember marriage is about relationship too.
I’m going to have to learn about that too.
I may be getting  into something that might be over my head.
What do I do now?

I’m not sure.
I may have to try to understand her.
And maybe I won’t get my way all the time.
There’s an awful lot I haven’t thought about before.
I guess I have some work to do.

It might be worth your while.
Dr. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment